Monday, July 28, 2014

Denver Harbor - July 28, 2014

I'm really in a little Spanish bubble here which is nice because that is where I belong. A lot of times I meet English elders who have been out for a really long time but I've never met them because they've been out in Louisiana or something. Hey I don't know if I've told you yet but Jake Wright went home last transfer. Crazy how fast time is going by. A lot of really great missionaries have left and the mission definitely isn't the same without them. I'm really happy that y'all got to talk to a missionary who served here! It's hard to explain how awesome this mission is. You just have to be here. As a mission we all really miss the Crawfords. They were super cool but the Drakes are awesome too! The saying is that we traded our mom and dad for a grandma and grandpa because that is how it feels like. They are a little older but the feeling is really cool. I know president Drake worked a lot with youth so that made us all happy because a lot of people are really young.

I'd like to do a better job at listening and testifying with the spirit. A lot of times we can be in a lesson and I come out wondering if they even felt the spirit. There are SO MANY other churches who go around doing the same thing that we are doing. I've seen TONS of Jehovah's witnesses and I feel like a lot of the time we are mistaken as them. The sad thing is that people see so many churches and they all think that all of them must be true. It's pretty difficult but we keep going. It really makes us appreciative of the spirit. It's really interesting how important the temple is. There is a branch here that was made into a ward because the branch presidency made a goal to focus on getting everyone to the temple.

I don't know if I'll ever get used to the humidity but I think that I'm at least adapting. This last week was really hot and we've heard that it is only going to get worse. It was a really fun week though and we spent a good part of it walking just because.

Yeah there were a lot of times this week when we walked back into our house at the end of the day just drenched in sweat. We don't feel too bad though because that's the way that everyone is. There's just a point where you don't really care anymore and as long as you don't smell too bad you'll be fine.

Right now we are teaching a couple of people but we're focusing a lot on finding right now. We've had to drop a lot of people because they weren't really progressing but that's part of life. As far as less actives go we are having a bit of success. We had this family all of the sudden stop going for a couple of weeks and then start going again so that was really good.

I really think that being grateful is super important. Sometimes we can't change our circumstances so we just have to make the best of them.

Yeah I'm super happy that I'm with Elder Woodruff again. We're having a really great time and every day is a blast. I think what is going to happen next is that I'll leave and he'll train here and there is a possibility that I will too. We'll see what happens.

Yeah I can't believe that it's already been a year. It's going by so fast and it's kind of funny that I'll be spending my year mark with Elder Woodruff. We both can't believe how fast time has gone by. Really makes me want to slow everything down a bit and focus on what matters most.

Love,

Elder Ressler