Monday, May 12, 2014

Denver Harbor - May 12, 2014

This week was an awesome week! I really had a great time and I feel that I made a lot of improvements in my teaching and how I deal with people. It's all a learning experience and I'm just learning to have fun with it. Everything is awesome out here and I loved talking with you guys yesterday! I miss you guys a ton, but I think that this will only be a short time. I was thinking about the mission and I realized that the mission is kind of like a life. You start out not knowing what you were doing and then you really progress and learn. It's cool because you can think of it as the other way too. You could say that this life is really just preparing us for later on. Kind of cool, huh?


I feel more confident in my Spanish and I can usually say what I need to say. Some days are better than others though. It's cool though because people ask you where you learned Spanish and you just tell them that we learn by talking to people on the street. They get really impressed. Of course we study it too but a lot is just practice.


Thank you so much for praying for my investigators and for the ward. I know that it really makes a difference. The people here are great but they struggle sometimes.


We went on exchanges with one of the APs and he really taught us to help people see the benefit for them. Asking them what they really want in life. Then helping them see how the gospel can help them get it. Pretty cool.


Yeah chile really is great! And what's really funny is that members keep on giving us different kinds of chile all of the time. Last week I think that we got three different kinds and they were all great!
I really love this one scripture in D&C 6. I think that it is somewhere in the thirties. It says, "Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not, fear not". I'm really trying to apply it to my life.


Don't forget to hoe to the end of the row! (Advice to his siblings on finishing up the school year)


I love you guys so much. I'm learning so much here on my mission. I really do learn something new every day.


Love,


Elder Ressler