Monday, July 13, 2015

Lockwood - July 13, 2015

I remember reading about the Zoramites and how they basically walked in and out of their meetings after saying the same thing over and over again and then they wouldn't do anything else to worship God for the rest of the week. I kind of stopped and thought about how much I get out of the sacrament and church services. I've been trying to think more about the savior during sacrament and it's been helping a ton.

There are a few people that I've met on my mission that it would have been cool if they had just stopped talking. I haven't had a ton of bible bashes because after a while we just leave. It's fun.

Yeah I was sad to hear that  President Packer died but it's good because I know that his health wasn't very good.  I'm so grateful for all that he said in his talks and I was reading on lds.org and found this quote: "Home is the center of the Gospel-and my life. Of all the places in the world-and I've see some interesting and enticing ones-I'd rather be home than anywhere else". I thought he was an awesome guy and someone who really loved God and his family. Sad to see him go.

This week was one of the best of my mission! This last transfer I'm really putting everything in. We have been able to see a ton of miracles and I'm SO HAPPY! The first off is that we had two awesome investigators at church yesterday! One is the 15 year old brother of a member who is super cool! He's trying to get more faith in God and he has a date for the 1st of August The other is the girlfriend of a member returning from inactivity. They're awesome! Yesterday we fasted together to help them see if they want to get married or split up and it was awesome. One of the first things that he told us when we had a lesson is that he wants his little daughter to be sealed to him in the temple. I already love them a ton!

The Spirit is so central to everything that we do as missionaries. You can really feel the difference when the spirit is in a lesson. A couple of days ago we were teaching this lady and we asked her if she has ever felt the spirit and she told us about this time when she was struggling and she prayed and it felt like her grandfather who passed away was wrapping his arms around her. The spirit was incredibly strong! We could feel the entire atmosphere of the room change and it was an awesome experience.

These people are amazing and I wouldn't rather have gone anywhere else. I've really come to love this place and to me my mission is a sacred place. This place is always going to have a very special place in my heart.

Love,

Elder Ressler