Thursday, September 26, 2013

CCM - September 26, 2013

I am going to be sad to leave this place. I have had a lot of fun here but now I am ready to go and serve. I am going to really miss Mexico. I wonder how it would be to go on a mission here but I know that there is a reason that I was called to Houston. Sometimes I wonder how it would be to go to South America, but then I stop myself because I know that there is someone in Houston that only speaks Spanish who only my future companion and I can teach. This work is not about me. It is about Him.

My Spanish is not even close to perfect, but I know that that really doesn’t matter. In a talk by Elder Bednar to the MTC that he gave just after the October general conference he said that we need to not pray for power, but instead pray that we can act and receive power. We act and then we receive.

I think that I will be okay with the bike. Don’t worry about me I am sure that I can figure it out.

I am going to miss the snow. No snow for two years! By the time I get back I will probably be so used to the heat that I will freeze in the winter. That will be an experience.

Hey, I heard that Utah won the BYU game. One thing that I have learned is that God has his own time to bring about his purposes. We must continue in faith.

I think that is awesome that Jake is in a big city. We have been speaking with Hermana Thorsen and we don’t think we will be going into very populated areas. I am praying for an encounter with Si Robertson. The language has been coming along fine. One of the elders ahead of us told me that you hit a wall about the fifth week, but then you are able to pick it back up. That definitely happened to me. I have noticed that when I have the spirit with me I do well in the lessons, but when I try to do it myself I struggle. If you have the spirit with you then you can do anything.

I am pretty sure that I have lost weight, but not a whole lot. What can I say, the food got better the last couple of weeks. We think that we are just used to it so when we get to Texas the food will taste amazing. I do know that when we get to Texas it will be Monday when we have our P-day. I am happy that Kelly and everyone are all doing okay. That would be hard taking care of triplets.

Today in the temple I had an incredible experience. I am now able to understand what they say and when I was in the Celestial Room I said a prayer and sang in my head Army of Helaman, but this time I put "I" instead of we. I felt the spirit so strong and I knew that this is where I am supposed to be. Some other cool stuff happened this week. I played soccer on an all Latino team against my district and we massacred! They even thought that I did really good and was made an honorary Mexican (just joking).

Yo quiero compartir mi testimonio con usted. Yo se que mi Redentor vivir. Yo se que nuestro Padre Celestial ama Sus hijos. El llama todos los pueblos venir a El. Y yo se que si soy guidar los mandimientos, un dia yo puedo volver a El.

Love you all,

Elder Ressler

P.S. One of these pictures is of me and my companion and the other is of me and all of the missionaries from AF.