Thursday, September 19, 2013

CCM - September 19, 2013

To tell you the truth I have not really been able to tell (see a difference in the weather with the storms that have hit Mexico). We are just so used to having it rain here. The last couple of days it has been very sunny and I have been realizing that each day I get whiter and whiter because we are inside all of the time.

The CCM is really an island in the middle of a storm. Even I would probably be afraid to be out there alone. We also celebrated Mexican Independence Day so it has been absolutely crazy here! We heard some gunshots because they shoot their pistols up in the air. We watched some festive dancing on Saturday which was awesome because one of my teachers was in it. Then on Sunday we all went into the auditorium and watched the Grito! This is the Mexican cry for independence that they do every year.

Yeah I cannot believe how fast it has gone. I am happy to get out but I really like this place. I am actually going to miss speaking Spanish to all of the natives. Some really cool stuff happened this week. In one of the pictures that I am sending you is a group with a bunch of missionaries. The one in the middle is Elder Rivera who is a matador! Yeah that was a highlight. Another highlight is that I and my companero were able to give two of the Hermanas a blessing. I feel pretty good about my Spanish but that may change pretty soon. Me and Elder Woodruff have been having some really good lessons lately and I have had the opportunity to be an investigator to practice on. The world religions class I took in High School has really helped me already. I am able to understand where the "investigadores" are coming from because I know about the Catholic and Baptist religions.

Being here places a whole different perspective on life. Elder Holland said that you should never want to go back to the way you were. He really loved his mission and says that everything good in his life since has come because he went on a mission. I can already see it happening. I am the happiest that I have ever been out here and I have not even gone to Houston. I feel so close to mi Padre Celestial that it is unlike anything that I have ever experienced. Last night me, Elder Woodruff, Elder Strong, and Elder Birch sat around preparing for "Christmas" and I asked them if we could sing the "Army of Helaman." I felt the spirit so unbelievably strong. Already I would say that this last month has been one of the best in my life.

Love you all and miss you,

Elder Ressler