Monday, November 4, 2013

Houston - November 4, 2013

I am doing great! We worked super hard this week and I am super tired, but I am like the one missionary on The District who said, “I don't know why I am so happy because I am tired all the time". Texas is awesome. It is still pretty hot but it has started to cool down. We actually had to wear our sweaters yesterday (notice I said HAD TO). Halloween was great. The other Elders in our complex Elder Strong and Elder Parker came over and we played some games. It was a lot of fun.

This week was really good and we are working really hard. We have had a little bit of bike trouble but we are doing all right (just a couple of flat tires). We've had to buy a couple of tubes and I've used the stuff you sent with me. We are doing really well over here and have some baptismal dates coming up next month.

It's been a little hard starting up this new area, but we keep trying. The Lord is preparing new people to teach we just have to go out and find them. It is very interesting to see how much that I have changed too. I feel like I know what I am doing a little more and I can feel a HUGE improvement in my Spanish. This makes me really happy to tell you the truth. Another thing is that I am starting to really love riding my bike! It used to be a little hard because we were riding so much but I am getting used to it and I don't get tired from riding anymore. I actually enjoy the feeling that I get when we bike a long ways. I had a really interesting thought the other day. It was that here on my mission I am going to be tailored into the person that God wants me to be. This mission will change my life.

We do have a ton of Mexican food down here. I love it. I was talking with Elder Ek and he says that in the English houses we get a lot of chicken, but since we're Spanish missionaries we get the good stuff.

Haha sorry about the pictures. . . I always forget to take them and then I forget to bring my camera. I promise that I will start taking some more. I adjusted the picture size on my camera so it should be good.

I love being out here on the mission. The people that I teach are always so nice and I feel lucky to be out here. Strange how fast time goes by out here.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving either. I am going to miss your pies Dad. I can imagine it will be really different. Does Mom still make the same amount of food even though me and Jake are gone? Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday so I am lucky that I am in the states so I can still celebrate it.

Yep, Elder Ek definitely doesn't like bugs. I can tell that he comes from a really good family and I am so happy that you guys had a great time going to dinner with his parents. He is a really nice guy and we get along really well.

Yeah his name is Elder Ek. It is funny because they look at our name tags and just frown because it is super hard to pronounce both of our names. They always ask Elder Ek if that is his entire name. I am starting to like the heat though it is getting a lot colder here (When I say cold I mean for Texas) I am told we missed the hottest time.

With doing missionary work, when I was in Utah I didn't think that I could do a whole lot with missionary work. It isn't easy to talk to others about your religion but I know that when you do the spirit takes over and testifies to them that what you are saying is true. I remember going out with the missionaries a lot but wish I could have gone more. It really prepared me to be here. 

I love you all so much and am happy that you are all doing well. I love hearing from you guys and am happy that everyone is having a good time. Please pray for my investigators and that I will be able to understand what they say and what their needs are. 

Love,

Elder Ressler