Monday, August 18, 2014

Denver Harbor - August 18, 2014

This week was a bit of an interesting week. Right now we are really weeding through the people that aren't progressing. We're going to be focusing a lot on finding soon and I'm praying that we find someone really special. We don't really have a whole lot of people to teach right now but sometimes it happens. Something fun this week is that I am going to be doing the Haka again but this time with a lot more people. We are going to do a Zone P day Talent show and I didn't really want to do anything else! I'm excited but it's a little different than the one that I did before. Hopefully everything goes well. Just so you know the bike is holding up pretty well. I may have to take it in for some repairs in a few weeks but right now it is doing fine.

That's really neat about receiving revelation. I've found that it is hard to listen to the spirit if you haven't been doing it all ready. A lot of things in this world distract us and unless we are always trying to pay attention then it's really hard to hear it. It's also really neat how we are always in a calling for some reason. As missionaries we are always in an area for some reason.

I'm 99.99% sure that I am going to be released on August 4th. What will happen is that I'll go to Transfer meeting on Tuesday and then spend the day in the mission home and sleep in the AP's apartment. Then I'll wake up, go to the temple, and fly home on Wednesday. I'll be flying home with a bunch of people I know so that will be cool. If Harrison wants to wait that's fine! I'd love to see him before he goes. It's his decision definitely.

Yeah August is going to be the hottest month. It says 90s but because of the humidity it's like 100. Texas is FLAT. There are absolutely no hills or anything. The most that we have is a tiny hill in our area. It's cool though because you have a great view of downtown, amazing sunsets, and it's not too hard biking.
I had a lot of really cool moments. A lot of it was just looking back and seeing how far that I've come and looking to the future and seeing how much further I have to go. Hey that reminds me... I'm hitting my year mark this week! Man that is so crazy. A year ago I was with y'all getting ready to leave to Mexico City and now I'm here in Houston Texas serving as a missionary. I feel like I knew nothing back then and now I have had my eyes opened in a way.

Well I'm going to ask you what advice would you give me now that I've got only a year left. When I left you told me to "just have fun with it" and that was the best advice ever. Just so you know I've had a really good time and I've learned a lot. I'm becoming a better person though definitely not there yet. Lately I've been focusing a lot on living in the moment and working as hard as I can with the time that I have. I still feel pretty inexperienced I think that I'll always feel like that.

I love looking at the stars. We don't really get to see them because of all of the light pollution from the city but it's okay. Mole is the best but just so you know there is no option. You have to eat it with the tortilla! Rarely do I eat a dinner without a tortilla in hand. I think that I've eaten more meals with a tortilla than a fork.

Love you!

Elder Ressler