Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cleveland, TX - September 3, 2014

I had a really good but crazy week. On Friday we got the call that both Elder Woodruff and I were getting transferred and it was a huge surprise! I wasn't sure what to expect because there were so many crazy things that were going on this transfer. For Spanish missionaries, we had two elders go home and seven come in, so there wasn't enough space so a lot of people had to go English. I got lucky to stay Spanish but I got transferred away from the promised land in Broadway and right now I'm in Cleveland, TX. It is really cool though. Here it is really like being in Louisiana, but a lot more Hispanics. Now I feel like I am actually in Duck Dynasty. I'm really used to the city though so the sticks are a bit of a change.

I am with Elder Gamez and we are getting along really well. He was raised in the US in Washington, DC; I think, but his family is from Guatemala. I'm excited that I get someone who speaks Spanish fluently. He's a great guy and Elder Ek was companions with him for a while before he trained me. It's going to be a fun transfer. We are in a car the whole time because Elder Gamez has cerebral palsy and can't get around too well.

We had a lot of fun in Denver Harbor and I was sad that it had to come to an end but it is all for the best. Right now Elder Woodruff is in Baytown.

For us usually we go up to people and start talking about them. We ask them what they like to do and if they have a family. Then we could ask them if they are going to church and what are their views on religion. Then we tell them why we are there and invite them. That's really what it all comes down to is just inviting others to act.

I ate a HUGE potato stuffed with a lot of meat and barbecue sauce. Cool, huh?

Here are some pictures from my last ward. The first one is of us and a family who are super cool and then the second one is us and a Hermano who is a returned missionary and is pretty much our bro.

Love you!

Elder Ressler