Monday, September 22, 2014

Cleveland, TX - September 22, 2014

Yeah I did get your letter! Thanks so much for sending it!

This week was really good. We were able to find a lot of people to teach. No he's not really in any pain because of cerebral palsy he just can't use his left arm and leg very well so he walks with a limp. We go a lot slower but it is to be expected. It's been a little stressful because it is hard for Elder Gamez to know where he is in an area (because he is in the passenger seat all the time) so I had to get to know the area really fast. Everything is starting to calm down now though. I have to admit I miss the bike a lot. I had a super huge blessing with that by the way. I took my bike in because the wheel was wobbling again which is a sign of a broken axel. I picked it up about 2 weeks ago at the shop where we originally bought it which offers deals for missionaries. Even with it though I was expecting all of the repairs to be around a hundred dollars because my bike needed a lot done. When I picked it up it looked like a brand new bike and they only charged me 21 dollars.

Yeah the weather has cooled down a ton for Houston! It is super nice right now and has been raining a little bit.

So this week I had a super spiritual experience. We listened to a talk about praying by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin and he talked a lot about putting more meaning in our prayers. Out here we pray so much that it's easy to be robotic about it. I tried to be more meaningful and not only ask for things but really listen too.

Love you,

Elder Ressler