Monday, September 29, 2014

Cleveland, TX - September 29, 2014

This week was a really great week. We had a little miracle this week with one of our investigators. We stopped by randomly on Sunday night and she had just barely gotten home from work. She is one of the most most sincere investigators that I have ever taught and we had a really spiritual lesson. She isn't able to get Sundays off to go to church and her work calls her a day in advance. We know God will provide a way. She has a lot of faith though and I know she'll be all right. I know that she has so much faith and it's just up to her and Heavenly Father what happens. We'll just keep doing our best.

Things here have been going pretty smoothly. Cleveland is a really huge change of pace. In the city everything was fast and close together. Here it is spread apart and not a whole lot goes on. It is a little safer here though. It's a really nice pleasant town. We had to take a trip up to Beamont for a doctor's appointment with Elder Gamez too and I was so tired of driving by the end. I'm starting to get used to it though and I feel like I am becoming a much better driver though I am a lot more careful now. I drive on the freeway all of the time and I'm really getting used to finding my way around the area.

I really can't believe that it's conference again! I am so excited! For missionaries it is a huge thing just because it's something a little different and I feel like I pay attention a lot more. Not to make me sound trunky or anything but only 1 more after this. Crazy huh? I really want to learn how to make pie when I get back. I am starting to cook some things a lot more. I'm no pro but I've learned some things from members and past companions (and of course Mom).

Elder Gamez eats really healthy and he's inspiring me to eat better. I'm trying to cook more and I think it's helping a lot. Most of what I make include peppers but I think it counts right? Also I'm eating more frozen vegetables.

The thing I like best about people who work with the youth is how much of an influence they can have on the youth. I remember a lot of the scout leaders I had were great examples and I know that I'm a better person because I went to Mutual.

Here in Cleveland we have a good amount of support from members. They are really excited to help but there aren't very many of them. I really like it here in Cleveland and I think that I am adjusted. I'm getting along great with the people here and I know we are going to have a lot of success.

The words that we speak really do have a big effect on others. A lot of the time we don't realize it but the things we say really stick with people. We just have to decide what kind of attitude we want to have.

Love,

Elder Ressler