Monday, October 6, 2014

Cleveland, TX - October 6, 2014

I really liked conference too! It was really good. I feel like a lot of people are feeling a little unsure about what is going on in the world. I don't know a whole lot but I hear that it's been pretty crazy. I think that this conference helped everyone to relax and realize that everything is going to turn out all right.

My favorite talk was Elder Bednar's talk. A lot of the things that he said were really profound. He talked a lot about why we do missionary work. 

Hey I just ate squirrel a couple of days ago and I'm sure I'm going to have a lot other stuff like that too. Still waiting on possum... Haha

Things are really good here. I really like the country but I almost feel like the city is my home. I was there for a really long time and it was a little tough to leave but I really like it here a lot too.

Our investigators are doing really well. We are working on finding a lot of people though and we've had a lot of success.

Yeah it has gone by super fast for us too. Transfers just seem to roll into the next one and pretty soon Elder Ek is going to be home. It's pretty crazy to think about. I feel like a lot of the older missionaries are going home right now and now I am one of the oldest.

When I get home I want to do a lot of family history work and go to the temple a lot too. Sometimes we have to take a step back and think about the way that our lives are going.

Just so you know I am having the time of my life out here. There are tough times but those are just to help me to figure something out. I am super excited to talk to y'all on Christmas. it is coming up faster than I realize. It's a little weird because then I will be able to see my whole family together which hasn't happened in quite a while.

Love,

Elder Ressler