Monday, October 27, 2014

Cleveland, TX - October 27, 2014

The leaves haven't changed colors yet for the most part. It's still pretty warm except for in the mornings. I think that in November we will notice it a lot more. It was super funny because it doesn't really get super cold until January. Even in December it's not that cold.

I'm doing great! It's been a bit of an interesting week. I've been a little bit stressed out but I think that's part of life right? This week was a little crazy but it was really good. We had exchanges with the ZLs and interviews with President Drake. He's a super great guy and I really liked getting to know him a little better. You can tell that he really cares about you and I know that he was called to be here. Right now we don't have anyone close. We are having a hard time finding people because a lot of them end up dropping off the edge of the map. We are still working with a really great lady, but she is working so much right now it's ridiculous. I know that she will get baptized we just don't know when.

You know as a missionary the biggest struggle is to keep the spirit with you. If you have that you can be lead and have real success. When God calls us he gives us the power to do the things that are asked of us. When we rely on him.

I definitely agree with you about the Book of Mormon. It is an amazing tool for us. It's proof that God still loves us and speaks to us.

Yeah I remember when he gave that talk. It is a super good one and it really helps me to focus on the things that I do have instead of the things that I don't have.

We don't meet with the ward mission leader so often because he works a ton. In the past we wouldn't see him except for during correlation meeting. Usually we just talk about the work in the ward and the people that we are working with right now. Member missionary work is the most important thing in missionary work. If you want to teach someone who will most likely get baptized then it will come through a member. The more members are involved in the lives of the investigators the more committed they become. Kind of interesting but members make all of the difference.

Yeah I'm not too sure what Dia de los Muertos is either. From what I understand it's like Memorial Day, but different. Here what happens is we go in early just so nothing crazy happens. That will be cool to just chill at the house. I remember Trick or Treating was fun as a kid but after a while it was more fun just to be with the family.

I haven't really taken any pictures in Cleveland but I better. Next week I will be sure to send you guys some. I find that I never really take pictures if I don't have my camera in my pocket/backpack.

I forgot to mention but I found Tasty cakes at Walmart! I was super happy!

Love you so much and thanks for praying for us,

Elder Ressler