Monday, April 20, 2015

Lockwood - April 20, 2015

We are seeing some real success in our area. We are just working really hard on finding people. We have a couple dates coming up and I will let you know what happens. Elder Wilder and I had a lot of fun biking home in the rain these last couple of days. I'd say every day in the evening it started to pour but we had a lot of fun with it.

The bike is doing really well. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my old bike and I might have to sell what I can to other missionaries. I'll let you know what happens. The other bike I have is doing fine though. It's in really good shape and I don't think I'll have any axels broken. It was sad, I was talking with another missionary who has been breaking a lot of axels too and I could totally feel for him.

What?! That's great! I'm so happy that Harrison sent in his papers! That's so exciting! Let me know where he goes. I'm hoping Spanish speaking but I guess that we will see. I remember that these were some pretty nerve wracking weeks. I know that wherever he goes will be where he is meant to go. What the greatest thing is about getting your call is that you feel like that is the place you are supposed to go.

Yeah I think that it is really strange to think of him going on a mission. I really know that it will be an amazing experience. I think that he will do great!. I'm happy that he is going to mission prep. I feel like the best thing to prepare anyone for a mission is just to have a strong testimony and to not be afraid of change. A lot of people get worried because they don't know exactly what is going on and it is not what they are used to. Really the "I'm just going to have fun with it" is the best mentality to have but to always remember that you are on the Lord's errand. I've learned a lot on my mission and it hasn't always been easy but it has always been worth it. I definitely have come closer to my Savior more on my mission than at any other point in my life.

I will be coming home in August. Still pretty far away but I feel like it's going by really fast which is good and bad because I love being a missionary!

I think that this summer is going to be a hot one so pray for us! Yeah we did go to the temple. Honestly going to the temple is a huge battery charger. I love it and will probably go a lot after I get home.

Love,

Elder Ressler