Monday, December 23, 2013

Houston - December 23, 2013

I'm doing great! I am so excited to be able to talk to you guys! Yeah it doesn't feel like Christmas! It's going by way fast!

The next couple of days will be pretty relaxed because we have two all day P-days. I know that it will be weird not having me there but I am doing the Lord's will. Don't worry at all about me I am doing great here.

I miss playing in the snow! The cold here is kind of hard to explain. There is a lot more moisture in the air the air gets super cold. You'd just have to experience it. We actually just got hit with a cold front. How cold has it been? TOO COLD!!! I think that Houston may just be making me weak. I'll get back to Utah and freeze to death.

How many treats do I have here? TOO many treats! I've pretty much eaten junk food for the past two weeks.

Mexicans celebrate Christmas pretty much the same way we do but with one difference... They are obsessed with Posole y Tamales during the season. I love it!

One of the greatest moments on my mission was at the Mexico City temple when me and Elder Woodruff were walking to meet the rest of the group. We walked past one of the workers who gave us a cheerful hola. We said hola back then kept walking. He went back to work then stopped and yelled back to us "Gracius por salvando me!" This means thank you for saving me! That is what this work is all about.

I really did like Ephraim’s Rescue and I want to be like that guy. He really knows what it is about to be a servant of God and holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood.

Thunderstorms get pretty bad here. Usually when it gets too bad we ride our bikes to safety. We've had some really close calls. An Elder Erickson got hit a couple of years ago and it was really sad. President has given us a list of things to do when they get bad. But don't worry I know that the Lord is protecting us. If we get hit then it is God's will!!! Mom, I was kidding, I haven't even seen any lightning here :)

Elder Strong got transferred and I now have two friends from the MTC with Elder Parker. One of them is Elder Birch who is from Idaho. He is obsessed with potatoes...Just so you know I am keeping up with the tradition of cheese and crackers.

Our investigators are doing awesome and we are having success. I know that there is a reason that I was supposed to stay here. I have been given the opportunity to continue to make the difference in these people's lives. I will let you know what happens and how this next transfer goes.

I know that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Most people around here believe that but don't do anything about it. I know who He is and I know He knows me. Because of Him our family can be together forever.

Love you so much! Merry Christmas and can't wait to talk to you!

Elderito Ressler