Monday, February 3, 2014

Houston - February 3, 2014

I miss you a ton too, but for me time is flying by. At this rate I'll practically be seeing you in a week!

As for being tired, I quote Elder Morano, "I don't know why I'm so happy cuz I'm tired all the time... It's kinda freaking me out." Being tired is just part of missionary work. We work really hard.

Well, we found out that Elder Ek is getting transferred out of Broadway 2 Central which means I am taking over the area. He told me Saturday that now I have been in an area longer than he has. The most time he's spent in one is three transfers. I am super excited and a little nervous about taking over but I think I'll be okay. It'll be just like normal but with a new companion. I will let you know next week who my new companion is. I'm thinking that it will be Elder Long, but I will let you know what happens. We usually like to try to predict the companionships before they happen.

Speaking of which, one of my predictions already came true! Elder Ek got a call from President last night and he is now a District Leader. He's a little nervous now because now there is a possibility that he could go English. President likes to put Spanish in leadership positions so sometimes he has them go English Zone Leader. Sadly I have it in my heritage. Elder Slater (mi abuelo) served his last two transfers English.

I'm just happy that I get to stay here in this area! I really love this place and I'm so excited to see how it all goes. This week was a little bit of a struggle with lessons but we taught a lot of amazing people! We had a lot of really cool things happen and I'm excited to see what happens in the next six weeks. It's going to be great!

There is a line in Preach my Gospel that says that the church is true or it isn't. We have to find out for ourselves through prayer.

Wow Jacob's release date is further away than I thought that it would be. Still it is coming up soon. You excited Mom? He seems like he's doing awesome from when we email back and forth. I'm excited to see him at the end of the two years!

Haha yeah Elder Ek HATES cockroaches! I was a little worried about him in that lesson. The guy we were teaching is super cool and last time we taught him I didn't see any more. We've got some roaches in our apartment. I've had some pretty bad run ins with them. A couple weeks ago I got up after saying my personal prayer and felt something on my neck. I wiped it off and saw the biggest cockroach I've ever seen! They're not too bad for me. Just annoying. I quote Elder Ek, "THEY ARE DEVILS!!!".

Love you all so much!

Elder Ressler