Monday, June 23, 2014

Denver Harbor - June 23, 2014

Wow, what an incredible week that we had! It's awesome to be with Elder Woodruff again! It's neat to see how much we have both grown and it's a lot of fun to learn from each other. It's different here than everywhere else because Spanish missionaries all stay in the city so I know every Spanish Elder pretty well. I usually see most of the people from the CCM (MTC) regularly. Kind of lucky huh?

So the reason why this was such an incredible week was because we had the opportunity to go and visit the temple on a surprise trip. I guess that it wasn't really a surprise I just didn't realize how fast time has gone by. Anyways so we got to spend a while with the temple president and it was absolutely amazing. He explained some things to me that I had never really noticed. Something that really helped me to understand is to not view it as a history but as something that applies to me. We talked a lot about the roles that we see and how we are some of them. It was also really cool because we got to understand more about the initiatory process and the difference there is between the men's and the women's. I left feeling spiritually recharged. It was the best temple visit I've had yet.

This week was awesome! We had four investigators come to church and one less active was reactivated!
Attributes of Christ? I haven't been able to see the video yet but I will try to see it sometime. The things that it says in Preach My Gospel is awesome stuff. It makes for a really good personal study. There is an activity in there that is to define the attribute and then look for scriptures and make a plan on how to get that attribute.

It's kind of funny because being a missionary helps me to realize what kind of member that I want to be. There are those members who are just along for the ride. Then there are those who are doing everything they can to be involved. In Utah it's kind of different because we feel that everyone is a member. There are actually a good amount of people who aren't and who have maybe fallen away. I think that the best thing that we can do is to be a real friend to our neighbors and those we meet. That's real missionary work. Right now we are teaching an amazing family. We tracked into them and at first the mom said they weren't interested but then we let her know that we were new and wanted to meet our neighbors. They invited us back and now they are progressing really well. At first they seemed skeptical but then they opened up and told us that they had recently had a son pass away. They are great people and I'll let you know what happens.

It's true how God sees us differently than others do. Here in the world we are all about comparison. I think that that is one of the greatest tools that Satan uses. It's true that we don't even know the potential that each person has.

I had to speak in church about 3 weeks ago and it was really crazy. I was a little bit nervous but I was able to speak for 15 minutes or so and it went great.

I just learned how to make papooses! I'll have to practice it. There is a family here who are crazy about cooking and Hermana lets us help sometimes. I'm super excited to learn more. I've got to talk to some more people about cooking but I'll get on it.

Love,

Elder Ressler