Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cleveland, TX - November 17, 2014

I'm so excited for winter! I was getting tired of the heat! It's been pretty nice lately. It's around 40 degrees most of the day and I broke out my Poncho for studies. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! We had two families sign up to feed us which is going to be a TON of food (If I don't get transferred). I'm really excited for Christmas especially! There's something special about that time of the year. I've had a little bit of ice on the road but that was last year and it didn't really hit us in the city. Most of the time all we have to deal with is rain because when it rains it pours. It doesn't really snow here but it rains a lot. I'm going to be fine this year because now I know exactly what to expect and I have my coat. I think I'll be fine. I try to be as safe as I can though and I think we'll be okay. As far as the cold this week it got down to about 34 degrees but maybe I'm wimping out because it felt like 15. I like the cold a lot though, It's nice to have a change.

I'm going to have to make sure that we Skype on Christmas. Last year it was just crazy. I'm super excited for it!

There is a pretty good chance that either me or Elder Gamez will get transferred next week and I think it might be me. I really want to stay but the way things are lining up who knows. We do it differently from other missions. We get flush calls on Friday which is when both missionaries are leaving. Saturday is when we get a call from the DL to see who is leaving. Sunday is when we get Leadership calls. We all meet up in Kingwood on Tuesday and there President tells us who our companions/areas are. It's pretty cool but it creates a lot of gossip/speculation.

Yeah I can tell you too that by reading and praying fervently every day I can feel a significant difference in my life. It makes me want to continue after my mission. I haven't been perfect on my mission but I know that the times when I have felt the closest to my Savior is when I am really looking for his guidance. It's been a huge testimony to me that through the small things we do we receive a lot of the blessings. In a Hank Smith talk he said that when we do what is right we think that we are going to live this perfect life without any problems but that's not true. We still have problems but we are able to deal with them more prepared.

I have grown to really appreciate Mom out here on my mission. It's a bit different cooking for yourself and cleaning. As far as members feeding us...we have many members sincerely worry that we are not getting fed every day. They also get offended if we don't eat enough. It's pretty crazy. They are all just way too nice. I like it a lot because then you get to know a lot of the members and get to build relationships. As far as my weight I've gained a little weight but I'm sure I've grown taller a lot too.

Yeah I am not complaining when I say this but I drive ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I'm starting to enjoy it especially because I'm cruising around in a 2014 Jeep Compass named Bianca. It's pretty tough being in a car area because you have to know the streets if you want to go anywhere. My area covers all the way from New Caney to past Livingston so I just have to know my way around. At first it was a little stressful but now I'm getting the hang of it.

This week was great and I feel like each day I'm getting closer and closer to the Savior. I've been praying a lot asking for the spirit and I feel it in my life. I pray every day that I will do what Heavenly Father wants me to.

Just keep praying for us!

Love,

Elder Ressler