Monday, February 9, 2015

Lockwood - February 9, 2015

I've been doing really well. It feels like summer out here. I love being back in the city! Yeah it's been a really nice winter over here too. We're around 80 today and honestly I haven't had to touch my jacket very much so that's nice.

This week was a pretty good week. Right now we're just being patient with some of our investigators. We were able to get to some of the concerns for our investigators. One of them is having a hard time leaving the Catholic Church and another 2 are worried about getting married even though they have several children. Please pray for them.

I'm starting to become one of the older missionaries and it really freaks me out. I'm just trying to do the best that I can with the time I have left.

This week we were trying to find new places to tract in our area and we went all the way to the border which is the border of down town! Yeah it's not the mountains but it is still pretty cool :)

Spanish is good just trying to speak it more.

I haven't had a whole lot of new stuff here to eat lately. I don't know if you have ever had menudo, but it's a type of soup with cow stomach in it. It's pretty hard to eat. I think it's the only meal that I've had a really difficult time with. We've had a lot of yuca which are kind of like potatoes. They are super good. This week I got mole each day for three days. It was super good. I'm trying to make some more Mexican dishes to so it's pretty fun.

Yeah honestly I've come to realize just how important the temple is. It's like a spiritual battery charger. We go to the temple once every few months and every time I come back feeling a lot more focused. I really want to go there more after I've finished with my mission. Probably a couple times in the first week.

I really feel like I've grown a lot on my mission. I feel like I've changed a ton and somehow I'm the same person. I've noticed how before I really missed things like movies and music. Now I still miss them but I don't focus on them very much. Kind of weird. I definitely have enjoyed my time here so far and am so excited for the next 6 months.

It's a little weird to think that sometime you'll be meeting my trainer but I won't think of that too much. It's always a little strange to see missionaries who've gone home and then come back. It's almost like two worlds colliding together.

Ha-ha that's funny to think of dad in there with you at ward council. I bet it was crazy. I feel a little weird at ward councils because it's like 8 missionaries and then all of the ward leadership. Kind of weird to think that we have a ward council too back home.

Thank you guys for being so supportive. I really appreciate it. It's really great to know that y'all are rooting for me and I love you guys and miss you.

Love,

Elder Ressler