Monday, February 2, 2015

Lockwood - February 2, 2015

Happy Groundhog Day! This week was a great week! I love being with Elder Knudsen and my district is awesome! It's from Harrisburg to the bayou touching Denver Harbor (yeah so close, but so far). It's a great area. I'm going to be able to get some really good pictures of downtown because our area literally touches it. It's SO pretty! Not exactly mountains, but it's close enough right?

My Spanish is okay. There are a lot of words I don't know but I can carry on a pretty good conversation and understand pretty much everything. I even have picked up some Spanglish, for example: Vamos a parkear la trocka en la parking lot! Pretty silly but as long as you learn how to say it in real life your fine to mess around with it.

Whoa that's weird if you are about to sign me up for classes. Lately I've been having this weird thing about me where I'm a lot more focused as a missionary. I think that it's because I'm getting closer. I'll be hitting my 18th month mark pretty soon and I can't say that I'm a young missionary anymore.

Thanks so much for praying for our investigators. There is one investigator in particular who really wants to learn.

Yeah I'm super happy that my bike is working. There is this Elder who knows a lot about bikes and I'll probably take it to him if I need anything. I really do like riding bikes. I've honestly learned to just laugh when I have problems with my bike. I don't really feel like a lot of the problems we sometimes have as missionaries get to me as much. "Like a twig on the shoulders of a mighty stream," right?

Ha-ha yeah I've never been a big fan of early morning meetings. It's cool though. It's kind of nuts to work with some of the stake leaders around here because I just think to myself, "hey he's like my dad". I can imagine that it's pretty much just like being a missionary, right?

Wow that's pretty nuts about Sister Bradshaw being assigned to Lancaster, PA! Grandma and Grandpa sent me an email. It's weird because I feel like High School was a while ago. I'm getting to the point on my mission that I'm kind of freaking out just because I don't have a whole lot of time left. I'm going to miss my mission a lot when I leave. Right now I'm in Broadway 3 which meets in the same building as Broadway 2 which is where I started out. It's nice to be able to see all of the people there and it brings me back to when I had just started out. It's been great to see how everyone is doing.

Love,

Elder Ressler