Monday, January 26, 2015

Lockwood - January 26, 2015

Right now my bike is fixed, but we are going to have someone bring it down to us from the store. Right now we are walking but it's okay because our area is really small. I like walking too so it's good.

Thanks for praying for our investigators. They are all really great people and we are praying for some miracles.

Thanks for your confidence. Being a leader is different because now I'm having a lot of people looking to me for things and it takes some getting used to. I've got a lot to learn but I'm just taking it step by step. All I am going to do is just do my best.

I'm SO excited that Harrison is going to be serving a mission! It's the best thing to do. I've learned so much on my mission that I couldn't have learned anywhere else. He's going to love it. I'm going to love seeing him before he goes too! It's fun being with Elder Knudsen because it brings back a ton of memories of when I just started off. He's still got a little greenie fire so it's a lot of fun.

Yeah there are a lot of really great people in this area. Honestly this is a trip down memory lane. It's strange to see how much everything has changed. There are a lot of really great people who left and now the mission is really young again. I'm starting to freak out because I'm almost at my 18th month mark and so now I'm getting a little anxious to just go out and teach. I really want to get as much done as I can with the time that I have left. This week I was thinking about the part on the Best Two Years that when he's at the train and he says, "These moments go by so fast. Just don't let one moment pass you by". That's kind of how I am right now.

It's really fun being with Elder Knudsen. He's a really cool guy and it's fun to talk with him. He did a lot of marching band before his mission so we talk about AF a lot. Whenever we go to Logan we are going to have to stop by and see him. As of right now I've got companions that live in Florida, Virginia, Hawaii and a lot in Northern Utah. It's pretty cool.

Lockwood is legit! It's a really small area but there are a lot of cool people. This week we met this really fun guy he was really nice and bought us a soda and some subway and in exchange we attempted to teach him the first lesson. It's funny because we ran into him twice in the same day. I think that he will probably become an investigator too but we'll see.

Right now most of my companions are all over the place but I know a couple of the missionaries here. It's weird because everyone around me is super young and the zone has changed a lot. I'm just across the bayou from DH and I'm only a couple minutes away from Broadway 2 Central (which by the way are now hermanas). Houston is full of churches. There's pretty much a church on every street. I'm still getting that Latino food so I'm really happy.

I like being a district leader though it's a lot different. It's taking a little bit to get used to it. My district is AWESOME though. They are really good missionaries. District meeting is different but I like it and I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Yeah my mission has been a great experience.

Love you a ton!

Elder Ressler