Monday, January 6, 2014

Houston - January 6, 2014

It's actually been really cold here too! This morning it was around 25 degrees!!! Houston is making me weak. I don't know what I am going to do when I get to Utah.

We've got a couple people close to baptism. One is really close and I am really proud of one of our new converts! He is doing missionary work! His three best friends are getting interested in the gospel and their mom's told his hermana that they want them to take the discussions because they've seen the difference that it has made in her son. He was talking to a couple of his friends and joking around with them said, "How you going to be my best friend and not be my religion?" He's an awesome guy and I am definitely keeping in contact with him after the mission. We've even got our own handshake between us three.

I've heard that every year or so we all go to NASA so I hope that I'll see it. Elder Ek said that it was really cool.  I'm excited for this next week. I know that it's going to be a great one.

Well this week really was a crazy week.  Me and Elder Ek are both fine and we really were protected by the Lord. I am reminded of the scripture "In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world". It's a messed up world out there but as long as we are doing what is right then we will be safe. I am VERY happy to be out here and no matter what happens I am going to serve God with all of my heart might mind and strength.

There is no way that we can know the Big Picture right now. Remember the scripture that says, "Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes [the meaning of God's designs]... be still and know that I am God". That's really how it is. We are all God's children even if we don't realize it.

Our investigators are doing great but unfortunately we didn't have any at church. We were a little disappointed but that's okay. God is going to bless us. We had some really good lessons and we are going to get these guys baptized!

Dad, I know that you spend a lot of time away from the family on Sundays but I think it's great how you always do it without ever complaining or anything. You've always been a great example to me.

God is really watching out for us and I'm happy to know that he will always be there. I don't know exactly what will happen in my life but I know that whatever happens will be good because I have God on my side. Don't worry about me I am having a blast here! Got to love the ghetto!

Love,

Elder Ressler