Monday, March 17, 2014

Denver Harbor - March 17, 2014

So this week was really crazy. I went on exchanges with two of the Elders who came out with me Elder Petersen and Elder Birch. It was a ton of fun. It was great to be around those guys again. Then when we got home the other Elders came in and our District Leader told us that Elder Strong hit a dog on his bike and crashed tearing his ACL. He's home for about 6 months because he has to get surgery and everything. The next night I got a call from President Crawford saying that I was getting an emergency transfer to take Elder Strong's spot. So right now I'm in Denver Harbor which, as far as investigators go, "the streets are paved with gold". It's taking some getting used to but I love it here. There are a lot of solid people. My new companion is Elder Long and he's from Las Vegas and has been out for about 15 months. We're going to have a lot of fun here and I'm already loving my new area!

There are a ton of dogs in this place! I don't think that I've ever seen so many dogs before in my life! There is this one HUGE dog and it's the meanest looking dog ever. Just imagine a huge black dog with big teeth... Her name is Lola. You have to be careful not to crash into the dogs or anything, but besides that it is a blast.

We didn't really have anyone come to church this week but we will have some next week probably. Everything was just really crazy with Elder Strong so we've just been working on getting things settled. We had a ton of lessons and everything though! We focus a lot on less active members. It's super exciting when they come back to church.

I would definitely make Preach My Gospel part of your study! There are so many great things in there. I remember just looking through it before my mission and I didn't see it as a really big deal but it's super important. Everything about being a missionary is in there.

That's great that things are starting to warm up in Utah! Here things have been pretty warm but for some reason today was a little cold. It's also been raining for the past few days. With being in a bike area I really don't like the rain but I'm not complaining too much.

I love you so much and I hope that you know I'm doing well. I'm working really hard and am pretty tired but I love being out here and serving these people.

Love

Elder Ressler