Monday, March 3, 2014

Houston - March 3, 2014

This week was a great week! Nothing really out of the ordinary happened except yesterday it dropped 30 degrees in a matter of two hours. It went from being super warm to freezing cold... This place is weird. Elder Jensen is doing great here! We're both a little quieter but we have a lot of fun.

Yeah I heard about Elder Ek’s spill. Every once in a while we talk on the phone with Elder Ek and Elder Johnson because Elder Johnson used to be with my companion Elder Jensen. Apparently it was pretty nuts. I was always crashing my first part of training but then I stopped. Elder Ek would crash too but somehow he always landed on his feet. He's doing good though and he says it wasn't that bad. I still love biking but sometimes it's a little old. I think it's because I bike down the same streets every day.

I'm super bad at taking pictures! I'll try and take some more. Really it's just a town like anywhere, nothing too special. What's really great are the people! I do miss the mountains a lot though. Everything is super flat here. We don't even have very many trees because we are close to the city.

On P-day I usually play some basketball with the other Elders. Broadway (where I'm at) is known for Broadway Ball. Elder Jensen really likes it too and so we play it a lot. Sometimes we just bro out and talk about stuff with the other Elders. Other times I try to juggle with my friend Elder Birch. He is really good at soccer and so was Elder Ek so I've been trying to learn how to play it. I'm too lazy usually to respond to letters but I do it once a month or so. Whenever I pick up the pen someone comes and talks with me and then I lose my desire to write and go play ball.

We just started teaching this guy. He's an 18 year old who we met because of his mom who we used to teach. He's got a lot of interest and says that he believes what we are teaching! He's got a date now and I will keep you posted. He's been feeling the Holy Ghost a lot.

I have a lot of favorite times on my mission and I can't choose all of them. Sometimes I am just sitting there and I think "man I really feel good right now! I love being on a mission!" One of my favorites is this last week when we taught Marco and shared with him the Restoration. When we recited the Joseph Smith story the spirit was SO strong and you could tell he felt it. Then he prayed the next day to know if it was true and he did!

Thanks for all of your love and support! I love you guys so much and I want you to know that I've really come to realize the difference that each one of you have made in my life! I miss hanging out with you but I love so much being out here.

Love you!

Elder Ressler