Monday, March 24, 2014

Denver Harbor - March 24, 2014

It was a great week but I am really tired. I'm happy it is P-day. I think that I'm going to take a nap or something.

It's been pretty nuts around here. It's a lot different than my last area but I like that because we have more people to teach.

My companion has something to scare dogs away and they aren't too bad. You just have to be careful but you learn a few tricks to get them to leave. Yeah they usually travel in packs over here. They aren't too bad you just have to out run them on your bike.

Time really is going by super fast! I can't believe that I'm at 7 months! I feel like I just barely left. I've been emailing Jacob and he seems to be doing great! Are you guys ready for him to come home? I don't see Elder Ek a whole lot but now that I'm in a different ward his ward meets in the same building so I get to see him every Sunday.

Yeah it definitely is a different world here but there are a lot of really good people here. It's interesting to be able to see the difference.

This weekend was pretty crazy. We got a call from a member who said that they needed some help breaking down some of the walls in the inside of the house they bought. The house was pretty old so they were doing some remodeling. We spent a couple of hours over there helping them and it was a lot of fun. I'm SUPER tired now though. It was a lot of work. I didn't feel tired at all when I was there but when I woke up I was pretty soar. I guess that's just the way that it goes.

I'm pretty sure that this conference we will just head over to the church and watch it. That's what we did last time. I'm excited for it but it feels like we just barely had it. I always loved General Conference though. I have liked listening to the things that they say, especially as a missionary. You really get to see that their words are profound.

I love the Chronicles of Narnia! I remember you reading them to us when I was a little kid. I remember most of them except I can't remember the last one. You should read some of his other books too. There was one called the Screwtape Letters that was really good. It's about a devil down on earth writing to his uncle in Hell and he's talking about the ways that men are tempted. It's a really good book. I loved watching the Chronicles of Narnia movies and I really liked the third one how they tied it all in to Christ.

I've been wondering what Peruvians eat! Mostly what we get here is Mexican food and El Salvadorian food. I tried something this last week that was really interesting. It's called menudo. Basically what it is pig fat in a soup. Kind of interesting. Not a lot of people really like it but I tried it and it wasn't too bad. Usually what I cook is top ramen, pasta, or a sandwich. We also get a lot of leftovers. We've gotten tons of tamales!

Love,

Elder Ressler