Monday, December 22, 2014

Cleveland, TX - December 22, 2014

I'm doing really well! Not much has changed, just a regular week of missionary work. We did have a couple really cool experiences this week. On Thursday we all had the idea to go Christmas caroling so we and the English elders went. We didn't have a whole lot of success but the last house we knocked invited us in and there was a bed ridden lady who could barely sit up. We sang to her and then we all held hands to say a prayer (pretty normal) and she started crying. It was really cool.

I do play the piano sometimes, but not so much. I'm a little out of practice but I would really like to start up again. I can play a couple hymns but will try and learn a few more.

I've come to understand a lot more about the importance of the temple here and honestly I can't wait to go back! (even though I just went). Also I don't know if you have seen the "He is the Gift" video that the church put out but it was super good. I really enjoyed it (especially the Spanish version). It really made me think.

I'm super excited to talk to you guys on Thursday. Man, I feel like I just called you for Mother's Day. You know another crazy thing? In the mission there is something called a dead year which is when you go a full year without seeing your family. I'm only about a week away from finishing mine.

I think that I will call you sometime from 10-12 but just watch out for me. We'll be with some other elders and we'll let them go first. I'm super excited. It's crazy how fast it came. It makes me a little trunky just thinking about talking with y'all but that's just part of life. We have a couple places to go on Christmas but if it all falls through we'll probably just figure something out. What the mission wants us to do is spend as much time with members as we can.

Love,

Elder Ressler