Monday, March 9, 2015

Lockwood - March 9, 2015

This week was great! I'm doing fantastic! We had a really great week this week! My area is a little rainy right now but I'm still having a lot of fun. Here the weather is going back and forth and lot. This week I actually went to this crazy leadership meeting and it was funny because I felt like I was in congress.

I love having mom's food but I think it will be a change from what I've gotten used to. I just realized that I won't be eating Mexican Food every day after my mission so I'm going to have to treasure it here. I'm going to tell Elder Ek to scout out some good taco trucks for when I get home. We'll probably have to go to one after I get back. I had a crazy realization today. We were doing our laundry and I realized how much time has gone by. I've had some amazing experiences on my mission and I've been blessed so much. It's been great so far and I can't wait to see what happens during the rest.

I was super tired for the whole day (Daylight Savings) but I like it being light at night too. It is better for us too because then people don't ask what we're doing out so late when it's only 6.

There are a lot of really nice people and I really love this ward. It's cool too because I am right next to Broadway 2 and I get to see a lot of my recent converts:) As far as funny stories this week we had a crazy thing happen. We were biking along this bike path that goes through our area and we saw a guy on a park bench. We go up and talk to him and it turns out that he's a drug addict who was in a gang in El Salvador who was questioning if God existed and we testified that he did and we all started crying. We've tried to get back in with him but haven't been able to yet but we'll keep trying!

We had a lot of great experiences this week. Some of which include: us praying to find a family of six and then finding them, running into the cousin of a member who said he'd like to listen. It was really amazing how many miracles we were able to see. There are a lot of great things happening right now and I'm very happy to see all of the miracles.

That's great that Harrison is on his way!!!!!!! I'm so excited for him it is ridiculous. He is going to love going on mission. It really is life changing. I'm hoping that he goes Spanish speaking and I'm sure that Jacob is hoping Polish but we'll see :)

I love being a member of this church. I really do know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Jesus is the son of God. I know that we are all children of God and that he is calling out for us.

Love you,

Elder Ressler