Monday, March 30, 2015

Lockwood - March 30, 2015

I'm doing great! We had a really great week this week and I really feel like I'm starting to understand how to do missionary work. Kind of funny but I think it's just because there is always something to improve on right? We were able to have an investigator come to church this week! I was so excited! I think he really enjoyed it. He has so much potential he just doesn't really know if it is true yet.

I really do enjoy Fast Sundays because I get to really ponder on things. We were also able to go to a baptism this Sunday and it was super great because I got to see an Hermana who was in my district last transfer. She's super cool. We also had the stake president come and talk to us about Scouting and the importance of it and why the church uses it so much. He said that the reason why is because it is very hard for boys to get a testimony of something when they are distracted by technology. You get them out into the woods and wear them down and then you can really help them to feel the spirit. It was really interesting. I really love Scouting. It made me happy because they asked all of the Eagle Scouts to stand up and the other Elders and I all stood up. Kind interesting how many people who get their Eagle go on missions.

That's awesome that Harrison is asking questions when he teaches! Honestly the best way is to just role play. It's a little strange at first but you just roll with it. It's a super important skill that can help a ton in the mission. Focusing on questions that make people think. I'm sure Harrison is going to be a fantastic missionary and I'm very excited for him! I'm sure that Jacob is hoping that he'll go Polish but I'm totally hoping he goes Spanish. Watch he'll be going to Germany or something.

Yeah I am super stoked for conference. It's going to be awesome. I remember there was a goofy rumor going around the mission at the beginning of my mission that they were going to extend the missions of everyone to three years. It was super funny when it didn't happen.

Training is going good. It's a little stressful sometimes. If I could have chosen I would have just been a regular missionary when I trained because I have to put the majority of my focus on the district. It's all right though. It's different from just being senior companion because now I have to help him learn how to really be a missionary. It's fun though.

So a couple cool experiences this week but I'll make it pretty brief. About a week ago we met this El Salvadoran man. He came to church this Sunday! It was super great! He even stayed for a baptism!

We also had a luau on Thursday which was super fun. Elder Wilder and I did the Hakka and I think that I did better than last time. Everyone said that they were surprised because I sounded like a Tongan. I lost my voice after though.

Love,

Elder Ressler