Monday, March 2, 2015

Lockwood - March 2, 2015

This week was really good! We are working a lot on finding new investigators and it's been going really well. We just met this guy from Mexico who said that he really wants to change his life because he has been addicted to drugs and alcohol for a long time and he really wants to stop.

Right now I'm using the other Elder's bike that I bought and it is working great! I'm really excited and hopefully everything will work out. As for my bike I'm going to try to transfer that over. I'll let you know what happens :)

That's great that Harrison is working on his mission papers! I'm so excited for him! He's going to be a great missionary. That's great that he got accepted to BYU! Wherever he wants to go will be awesome.

This week we were tracing along this road and a young guy opened the door and invited us in. At first he took it all really well but we really didn't have a good feeling about him. When we got to Joseph Smith he said he thought that he was a false prophet and then he prayed for us to know the truth. While he was praying we got some really bad spirit vibes. Then we offered him a prayer in return. I walked out feeling a little creped out but with a super strong confirmation that Joseph Smith really was a prophet and the Church is true. Kind of funny because I think his plan back fired. Honestly it strengthened my testimony instead of wavered it.

Training is great! It's a little different because you pretty much teach them everything about missionary work. I'm lucky because Elder Wilder already knows a lot but you pretty much have to help them become a missionary because the MTC teaches you hardly anything! Either that or I just didn't understand because it was all in Spanish ;)

It's weird to be training because it's almost like everything is a put on me. I don't mind it though. I'm down for whatever. Elder Wilder is great! He's really funny and really easy to get along with.

Si voy a cumplir 20! Es cierto padre soy viejo! Yo tengo muchas canas en mi pelo y no se que voy hacer. Estoy muy animado a hablar contigo en Espanol! Vas a ver que hablo Spanglish.

That's great that you guys are doing some missionary work! That's awesome! I actually heard that a mission in Utah is about the highest baptizing mission in the world. I'm not sure how factual that is but that's what someone told me.

Love,

Elder Ressler