Monday, June 29, 2015

Lockwood - June 29, 2015

Yeah it's really interesting to see how we learn from other people by their examples. You figure that out when you're a missionary. It's kind of hard to miss 2 white guys in shirts and ties on bikes. There are a few missionaries that do stupid stuff and people notice it. Lately we've been hearing some stories about missionaries that would do stupid stuff and then put it out on face book. It's pretty lame because they seem like they are just out to have fun. It's no bueno. We have a bigger impact on people than we think.

I love all the pictures you guys have been sending! That's cool you guys went boating! I don't think I've ever seen mom go.

It's always really strange to see different wards. I've seen a lot of differences between the wards I've been in just because everyone has a different feel. Broadway 2 had a really social feel. Galena Park had a lot of really strong members that kept the ward going and it was amazing to see. It gave me an idea of what kind of person I want to be after my mission. Cleveland Spanish Branch was very tight knit. Once they get to know you it's like you're part of the family. There are a lot of older people here in Broadway 3 and the members remind me a lot of the Galena Park ward. There are a lot of really strong members and it's helping to prepare me for after my mission.

That's cool that you got to see so many missionaries. I love being one and I'm going to miss being on my mission when I leave.

This week was great! My new companion is Elder Harker. He's a really hard worker and a great guy. This week we talked to TONS of people! I'm really giving it my all this last transfer. I don't want to get home and feel like I slacked off. We had this great lesson with an investigator who's been listening to missionaries for 3 years. We showed him the Because of Him video and he loved it! The spirit was really strong.

We saw a lot of crazy stuff lately. The first full day of the transfer we saw a dog get run over and it scared me for life. We've met a lot of really funny people though.

Here it has been pretty hot. We've had some rain too so it's really humid. I heard that today is supposed to be 82% humidity.

The work is going well! It's been kind of tough because of all the changes that have been going on but we've got a lot of ideas about what we want to do this transfer and we are going to try and figure this all out.

Love,

Elder Ressler