Monday, June 8, 2015

Lockwood - June 8, 2015

This week was great! We worked super hard and are really tired. It's pretty funny being with all of these other older missionaries because we all seem a little worn out but we are holding on don't worry :) I love being able to be around such great missionaries. I'm a lucky guy.

I went to a leadership meeting on Tuesday and it was strange because I realized I don't know very many people anymore. I went on exchanges with Elder Woodruff on Wednesday and that was cool to catch up with him. I told him that we need to figure it out so that we go on exchanges a couple weeks before we go home. It's pretty cool to be around all of my buddies on the mission. I don't get to see some but I love being with the ones around me right now. I love being with Elder Danielson because we get to keep each other in check. Sometimes I'll catch him just staring off into space (thinking about home) and I get to tease him but also he does the same for me. We have a blast.

On Saturday we were able to paint one of our neighbor's walkways so that was cool.

I'm trying to stay as focused as possible during these last few months. I'm figuring out what I want to work on during the time that I have left. Mostly I just want to help out as many people as I can.

Don't worry I think that I'm fine on everything. Some of the seams on my clothes are falling apart but I'm learning how to sew better and there is a nice lady in the ward who is helping me so I think that I should be fine. If anything I think that everything should last for the last 2 months.

I've really seen a lot of blessings on my mission. It's been awesome and I know that I am where I should be. I've learned a lot about who I am on my mission. I've seen a lot of my strengths and weaknesses (They're pretty easy to find out on the mission). It's been incredible.

One of our investigators is  in Monterrey Mexico but they should be coming back soon and hopefully he gets baptized. These last 8 weeks I've made a lot of goals of how I want my mission to end. I just want to be as prepared for the rest of my life as I can. Everything is up to Heavenly Father but I'm going to do my best to figure out what he wants me to do.

I love the priesthood a lot. I've given a lot of blessings and I've seen a lot of miracles. It's very humbling to give a blessing.

Yeah this mission has been an amazing experience for me. I'm definitely going to remember it for the rest of my life.

Love,

Elder Ressler